Spring is in full swing! The San Antonio spring brings rain, warm days, chirping birds, those beautiful Texas blue bonnets, and… spring-cleaning.
It can be a daunting task, especially if you’re thinking about selling your house. You might take a look around your house and be completely overwhelmed – you don’t even know where to start.
Whether you’re preparing your home for the San Antonio real estate market, moving in to a new house in San Antonio or just wanting to get your house looking a little neater, we want to help you make the most out of it and keep the process as stress-free as possible.
These are 10 spring-cleaning and maintenance tips for San Antonio.
1. Work on one room at a time. Even if you have multiple people helping you, keep your cleaning and organizing limited to one room until you are completely finished with that room. This will make the process much less overwhelming.
2. Start in a corner and work your way around the room. This will also keep you from getting overwhelmed. There may be messes elsewhere in the room, but you will feel great once you’ve got one part of the room perfect.
3. Do yard work and other outdoor work early in the morning or late in the evening. If you’re not used to the San Antonio heat, you will be. Even in April our temperatures get into the 90s, so we suggest getting any outside work done during the cooler hours of the day.
4. Keep it simple. Don’t try to do everything in one day, especially if you have a large house. Work on one room per day, if that’s what it takes. Otherwise you’ll just be stressing yourself out.
5. Don’t be afraid to take a break when you need one. If you’re starting to get stressed out, overwhelmed or tired, take a break! Sit down for a few minutes, watch an episode of your favorite sitcom or go out and grab a nice, cool cup of frozen yogurt. Your house will still be there when you get back, and you’ll feel a lot better.
6. Don’t forget to clean those gutters! If your gutters are clogged, you’re house is at risk for flooding, and you definitely don’t want that.
7. Power wash. Dirt, mold and other stains can be an eyesore, not only to you, but also to potential homebuyers if you’re planning on selling your house in San Antonio. These sediments can also cause permanent damage to your house.
8. Make sure that lawn mower is working correctly. You may not need it yet, but with spring rain comes tall grass, and you don’t want to get to that point and not be able to turn on the mower.
9. Grab some boxes. As you’re going through things, sort them into three separate boxes. (1) Things that go in another room. (2) Things that are trash. (3) Things to give to Goodwill.
10. Dust. From ceiling to floor, wall to wall. It doesn’t take as long as you think, and it will keep you feeling much better during cedar fever and allergy season. Don’t forget about ceiling fans and A/C vents.
So there you have it, folks. Ten tips to get your San Antonio home clean and ready for homebuyers. Hope this makes your spring-cleaning a little easier.